Thursday, January 2, 2014

Zu's Tropical Pork Chops

Wow! Alex's pork chops look delicious! I totally love the crushed pineapple he used and that rub sounds divine. My version is a little more subdued but was a huge hit with the kids (all three of them!) and the hubby loved it too.



I only made two slight modifications to the recipe. First, I added freshly ground pepper while the pork chops were searing. The recipe didn't call for any salt or pepper and I was worried it would be bland. Second, after the pork chops had simmered for about 7-8 minutes in the "tropical sauce," I sliced them on a cutting board and added the slices back into the sauce and simmered them another 5 minutes.

My husband, a self-proclaimed pork afficionado, is not particularly fond of dry pork and I knew my girls would like the sweet taste to travel all the way through. The result was a juicy, sweet tang in every bite. Rice and a strawberry/blackberry medley finished off this VERY easy and kid-friendly meal.

The results?

"Delicious, excellent, extravagant!"- Alexis
"Yummy, sweet and fabulous!" - Ashley
"More rice!" - Addison
"I would sell ALMOST everything I own just to eat it again!" - Hubby

Cheers!

Zu

No comments:

Post a Comment